Important Membership Announcement
April 8, 2016 . Membership access to IL-IAAI has been updated. Emails with your USERNAME went out April 8, 2016. **IF YOU DID NOT GET AN EMAIL PLEASE NOTIFY
If you received the email, click on the RESET YOUR PASSWORD and follow the prompts. When you have reset your password, login HERE to the members login page and you will be able to see the Members Only pages. On the members login page ALSO PLEASE UPDATE YOUR PROFILE INFORMATION.
If you do not see your profile information it just means that your membership subscription shows as EXPIRED in our database and it needs to be paid, updated, or corrected. If we got the wrong date, please accept our apologies! This is the new site and the new database may have missed your recent payment.
As always, to become a member or renew your membership visit the International site. The Enhanced Membership option allows you to become a Chapter member as well as an International member. There may be a month lag for updates from the International site.
LOOKING FOR NOMINATIONS
Several board positions will be voted on at our Annual Training Conference, in September. Qualified candidates need to be nominated and vetted, as per our by-laws and SOPs. Please login and navigate to the 2016 Spring newsletter, page 5, for the nomination form.
Illinois Chapter – IAAI
The Illinois Chapter of the International Association of Arson Investigators website is designed to keep our membership informed about the latest news in our organization.
Thanks to our Chapter Sponsors!
Training and tools
- Contact Information for all the Zone Directors and Board of Directors.
- Training information including registration forms.
- Training Kits
- Membership Information and by-laws.
- Links to other organizations.
- Make sure to sign up for our electronic newsletter below and check our special announcements.
UPCOMING TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
Evidence Collection Technician Practicum
Thursday, September 29, 2016
Registration will be through the International’s website. firearson.com
Courtroom Testimony Class-
to be held during the IL-IAAI ATC, September 26-28, 2016. This class will meet the requirements for IAAI-CFI certification.
Registration will be through this website. Stay tuned for details later in the Spring!
FREE TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
Arson Hotline and Response Criteria
Law enforcement and the fire service can request an Arson Investigator and/or K-9 Team, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at
An OSFM Arson Investigator should be called when:
- There is a death or serious injury.
- The property involved incurs a large dollar loss.
- The property involved is state property, federal property, or school property.
- Local authorities have determined the cause to be suspicious or incendiary.
- Local authorities cannot determine the cause and/or origin of the fire.
- Conducting the investigation by local authorities may be or could be considered a conflict of interest.
- Other unusual circumstances exist.