Illinois Chapter – IAAI
The Illinois Chapter of the International Association of Arson Investigators website is designed to keep our membership informed about the latest news in our organization.
Thanks to our Chapter Sponsors!
Training and tools
- Contact Information for all the Zone Directors and Board of Directors.
- Training information including registration forms.
- Training Kits
- Membership Information and by-laws.
- Links to other organizations.
- Make sure to sign up for our electronic newsletter below and check our special announcements.
UPCOMING TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
– Mark your Calendars –
2017 Annual Training Conference
Basic Arson Investigator Class
Southwestern Illinois Police Academy
Starts August 28, 2017
Joliet Fire Department Station 1
Click HERE for flyer
FREE TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
Free Vehicle Fire Investigation Class
8 Tested Hours Available
Saturday, November 4th, 2017
Carbondale Fire Department Regional Training Center
110 S. Bigger Road
Carbondale, IL 62901
Class size is limited to 30 students
Click HERE to register
Arson Hotline and Response Criteria
Law enforcement and the fire service can request an Arson Investigator and/or K-9 Team, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at
An OSFM Arson Investigator should be called when:
- There is a death or serious injury.
- The property involved incurs a large dollar loss.
- The property involved is state property, federal property, or school property.
- Local authorities have determined the cause to be suspicious or incendiary.
- Local authorities cannot determine the cause and/or origin of the fire.
- Conducting the investigation by local authorities may be or could be considered a conflict of interest.
- Other unusual circumstances exist.