35th Annual Training Conference
September 16 – 19, 2018
Register for either Track A or Track B. Track B is limited to the first 60 registrants. Once you are registered for one of the Tracks, you cannot go back and forth between Tracks.
Nominations are open for the following offices:
Second Vice-President (one year term, progressing to First Vice-President the following year)
Secretary (one year term)
One Director from each zone (three year term)
For the Nominating Form, click HERE
Illinois Chapter – IAAI
The Illinois Chapter of the International Association of Arson Investigators website is designed to keep our membership informed about the latest news in our organization.
Thanks to our Chapter Sponsors!
Training and tools
- Contact Information for all the Zone Directors and Board of Directors.
- Training information including registration forms.
- Training Kits
- Membership Information and by-laws.
- Links to other organizations.
- Make sure to sign up for our electronic newsletter below and check our special announcements.
UPCOMING TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
IFSI Fire Investigation Modules
Click HERE for the IFSI Fire Investigation Module schedule.
Fire & Arson Investigation Program – NIPSTA
Module 1 Apr 23-27, 2018
Module 2 May 7-11, 2018
Module 3 May 21-25, 2018
Fire & Arson Investigation Program – IFSI
Module 1 Jul 23-27, 2018
Module 2 Aug 6-10, 2018
Module 3 Aug 20-24, 2018
Fire & Arson Investigation Program – Orland Park
Module 1 Sept 17-21, 2018
Module 2 Oct 1-5, 2018
Module3 Oct15-1 9, 2018
Fire & Arson Investigation Program – NIPSTA I Chicago
Module 1 Oct 8-12, 2018
Module 2 Oct 22-26, 2018
Module 3 Nov 5-9, 2018
YOUTH FIRESETTER INTERVENTION CLASSES
Click HERE for the OSFM webpage
May 8/9 Rock Island (Interventionist Class)
November 3/4 Mt. Vernon (Interventionist Class)
INDIANA CHAPTER IAAI
20th Annual Indiana Fire Investigation Conference
August 20, 21 & 22, 2018
Click HERE for the flyer and registration information
FREE TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
Arson Hotline and Response Criteria
Law enforcement and the fire service can request an Arson Investigator and/or K-9 Team, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at
An OSFM Arson Investigator should be called when:
- There is a death or serious injury.
- The property involved incurs a large dollar loss.
- The property involved is state property, federal property, or school property.
- Local authorities have determined the cause to be suspicious or incendiary.
- Local authorities cannot determine the cause and/or origin of the fire.
- Conducting the investigation by local authorities may be or could be considered a conflict of interest.
- Other unusual circumstances exist.