Annual Training Conference
The Illinois IAAI Chapter
34rd Annual Training Conference
September 24 – 27th, 2017
Hilton Gardens Hotel & Convention Center
1501 S. Neil St. Champaign, IL 61820
IL-IAAI Member – $200.00/$225.00 after 8-24-17
Non-Member – $225.00/$250.00 after 8-24-17
Craig Burgess firstname.lastname@example.org 630-364-0933
SOMETHING NEW THIS YEAR
On Tuesday and Wednesday, the class will be split in half. One group will go to IFSI in the morning and the other group will stay at the conference center. The groups will flip-flop for the afternoon session.
Tuesday Hands-on Evolution
1. Evidence collection cell. Collecting various types of evidence in a scenario type setting.
2. Advance technology cell. Knowledge of the new 3d cameras, iPads, and various types of new technology
3. Explosion cell. Knowledge on various types of explosions and what evidence that can be found in each type of explosion we can encounter.
4. Subrogation cell. How to properly identify, document and preserve the appliance for public and the process that private investigators go through during their investigation and the process.
Wednesday Hands-on Evolutions
1. Basic arc mapping in a burn cell.
2. Car fires. How to properly document, process, identify and preserve the vehicle.
3. Post fire reconstruction of items within a burn cell.
4. Fire patterns burn cell. Various burn patterns presented in a burn cell and also a discussion on wind driven and ventilation burn patterns.
The training subjects provided meet their respective requirements of NFPA1033, 2017 edition. This conference is providing 28 tested hours of training. Testing will be done on CFItrainer.net, using a PIN number that will be provided at the end of the conference.
Sunday, September 24
3:00 pm – 7:00 pm Case Study “Cicero Multiple Fatality Fire” February 14, 2010. Presented by OSFM K-9 Handler Mitch Kushner, Retired Cicero Fire Chief Ron Opalecky, Cook County ASA Mary Lacy, Cicero Police Sgt. Joey Melone. MABAS Division XI Fire Investigation Team.
7:00 pm – 10:00 pm Hospitality Room
Monday, September 25
8:00 am – 4:00 pm Dave Cusatis, ATF/NFA – “Bread and Butter Operations”, including ventilation and flow path effects, fire dynamics, arc mapping, reading fire patterns, fire scene reconstruction.
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Lunch Provided
4:30 pm – 6:00 pm Main Conference Room – General Meeting, Elections, Awards
7:00 pm – 11:00 pm Hospitality Room
Tuesday, September 26
0800-1700 Bob Toth and Rick Jones- Tablets, Tools, Tips, and Tricks of the Trade.
0800-1700 Hands-on evolutions at IFSI
1100-1300 Lunch is provided
1900-2200 Hospitality Room
Wednesday, September 27
0800-1600 Bob Toth and Rick Jones- Report Writing Techniques.
0800-1600 Hands-on evolutions at IFSI
1100-1300 Lunch is provided
1600 Conference closes and test PINS handed out
Click HERE for information flier.
Disclaimer: No liability is assumed by the IL-IAAI for changes in program content, speakers, or venue. The instructor’s presentation and content thereof is the responsibility of the individual instructor and not necessarily endorsed by any of the persons or organizations associated with this seminar. The IL-IAAI reserves the right to cancel, alter, or substitute any class or instructor without advanced notice. Cancellation policy– Full refund available up to 31 days before conference start, 50% refund available 30 days or less before conference start.
Drop us a line anytime, and one of our board members will respond to you as soon as possible
Illinois Chapter IAAI PO Box 1257 Batavia, IL 60510