- 38th Illinois Association of Arson Investigators Annual Training Conference
September 19, 2021 - September 23, 2021
8:00 am - 10:00 pm
BRAND NEW VENUE !
Welcome to the Illinois IAAI Chapter’s 38th Annual Training Conference
Conference Registration Notes- Please Read Carefully
EVERY ATTENDEE MUST REGISTER INDIVIDUALLY
- We need to provide the catering staff with a headcount for the Sunday Evening Tailgate event, so if you will be attending the tailgate event, please add the Free Sunday Evening Tailgate ticket to your cart. If you wish to bring a guest, please add the Guest Sunday Evening Tailgate ticket to your cart.
- Your conference registration for the ATC includes a daily breakfast buffet. If a guest will be joining you for breakfast, please purchase a Guest Breakfast Buffet ticket for each day your guest will be eating breakfast. Please add these tickets to your cart.
- Lunch is on your own (a list of local food vendors will be available). Your conference registration includes the Tuesday Awards Banquet dinner, but please choose either the Chicken or Roast Pork option by adding the respective ticket to your cart. If you will have a guest joining you, at the Awards Banquet, please add the respective Guest ticket to your cart.
- Please register by 5:00 pm on September 8, 2021, to ensure there will be enough food for you and a guest if one will be joining you. Tickets involving food will not be available after 5:00 pm on September 8, 2021.
- Please note due to the Illinois gaming and hospitality regulations, and the policy and requirements of Par-a-Dice Hotel; there is no consumption of “outside or off property alcohol (aka purchased liquor)” allowed inside the hospitality room or throughout any of the public areas of the Hotel. Consumption of outside purchased liquor is acceptable only in a registered quest hotel room. In addition, the Par-a-Dice Hotel has politely requested that we as a group enforce their off duty LE weapons policy for the property, “No weapons worn by personnel, in plain clothes, shall be visible in the public areas of the Hotel, including the conference room, hospitality room, bar, or restaurants on Para-a-Dice Hotel and Casino property”. Sworn Law Enforcement personnel “on duty”, in their official capacity and wearing a department-issued duty uniform are exempt from this requirement. No weapons shall be worn at any time inside the Casino, pursuant to the rules and regulations of the Illinois State Police Gaming Authority.
- The Banquet Dinner on Tuesday September 21st will begin at 6:00 p.m. Followed by Awards at 7:00 p.m.
- NOTICE – The Illinois Chapter of International Association of Arson Investigators Annual General Meeting has been rescheduled to 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday September 22nd. Para-Dice Hotel and Casino (Grand Ball Room suite A)
- Hotel Reservations: Conference 100 rooms blocked until 30 August 2021, after August 30 is based on availability. The hotel has a total of 202 available rooms, any overflow will be directed to the Hampton Inn which is across the parking lot from the Casino.
Hotel registration Code: 0919AAI
Direct Link: http://www.paradicecasino.com/groups
- Hospitality – Plaza Room: Sunday through Wednesday opens at 6:00 pm closes at midnight, keg beer and soft drinks are included in the hospitality room, all hard liquor beverages are cash bar. ,
(2) complementary hospitality mixed drink tickets and a complimentary $10.00 slots voucher will be issued upon check-in at the hotel.
- Conference: 08:30 to 5:00 each day, Lunch: 11:45am to 1:15pm
OPTIONAL GOLF ! Sunday Afternoon – September 19, 2021. The IL-IAAI 50th Anniversary starts off with the Hoyle Golf Outing which will tee off at Quail Meadows Golf Course in Washington, Illinois, with a 12:00 p.m. registration and a 1:00 p.m. shotgun start. To register for golf only please click
Track A is Law Enforcement oriented and will be limited to the first 50 registered Sworn active “Arson Investigator” attendees. You must have this designation (and will be vetted) to attend Track A. When you register below also select the Arson Investigator Track A ticket.
- TRAINING SCHEDULE-
- Monday September 20th Track A – Arson Investigator (see above) – Explosives Recognition and Requirements (Meeting Room 1 and 2) DNR Investigator Nick Sterling Track B – Fire Investigator – Energized Electrical Incendiary Devices (Grand Ball Room suite A) ATF Electrical Engineer Mike Abraham.
- Tuesday September 21st – Profiling, Interviewing, and Interrogation Techniques (Grand Ball Room suite A) ATF Special Agent Stephen Patrick.
- Wednesday September 22nd – Beyond the Fire Scene, Civil and Criminal Litigation Challenges (Grand Ball Room suite A) Attorney Brian Henry from Rolfes/Henry Law Firm
- Thursday September 23rd – Morning session- Insurance fraud, Things are not what they seem. Attorney Zach McCune from Rolfes/Henry Law Firm
- Thursday September 23rd – Afternoon session- Case study of Boston Serial Arsons (Grand Ball Room suite A) RET. ATF Special Agent Wayne Miller
Venue: Par-A-Dice Hotel and Casino